Kunststoff-Institut Lüdenscheid – excellent network
The founder and main actor of the Kunststoff-Institut Lüdenscheid is a registered association, which operates under the name Trägergesellschaft Kunststoff-Institut Lüdenscheid e. V. is conducted. The association was founded in 1988 by entrepreneurs from the South Westphalia region, whereby it does not carry out any economic activity, but only represents the network or cluster with currently more than 400 members. Our network is characterized by sustainable growth and interdisciplinary cooperation. As early as 2005, the cluster and its partners were included in “Kompetenznetze Deutschland”, today “go-cluster”. The institute has had the Gold Label for Cluster Management Excellence since March 2013, which was confirmed in 2015, 2018 and 2021.
Institute management: Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Eulenstein, Dipl.-Ing. Stefan Schmidt
Who we are…
The Kunststoff-Institut Lüdenscheid – established in 1988, DIN EN ISO 9001 certified, equipped with an accredited test lab according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 standard since 2000 and international proficiency test series accredited according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17043:2010 – combines tomorrow’s scientific knowledge with today’s manufacturing processes. Its main focus lies on quality and the profitability of companies from the plastics industry, especially in the area of injection-moulded parts made of thermoplastic and thermoset materials.
- More than 100 material-, process-, tooling-, surface engineering-, process technology- and testing technology-specialists are working for you at the Kunststoff-Institut
- 12 injection moulding machines (8 of which equipped with insert and parts removal automation)
- Thermoset processing competence centre
- Unique surface engineering application centre
- Comprehensive range of measurement technology for injection moulding process optimisation
- More than 100 devices for material, finished parts and surface testing
- Annual sales: about 10 million EUR
- Distinctive features in Europe:
- largest supplier of ring trials in plastics technology
- application centre for surface engineering and decoration processes
- only plastics institute bearing the “Gold Label” from “Cluster Excellence”
- In our business areas, we perform extensive service, research and development work in the fields of innovation listed below.
- We provide education and training and offer internship opportunities to students.