Who we are…
The Kunststoff-Institut Lüdenscheid – established in 1988, DIN EN ISO 9001 certified and equipped with an accredited test lab according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 standard since 2000 – combines tomorrow’s scientific knowledge with today’s manufacturing processes. Its main focus lies on quality and the profitability of companies from the plastics industry, especially in the area of injection-moulded parts made of thermoplastic and thermoset materials.
- More than 100 material-, process-, tooling-, surface engineering-, process technology- and testing technology-specialists are working for you at the Kunststoff-Institut
- 12 injection moulding machines (8 of which equipped with insert and parts removal automation)
- Thermoset processing competence centre
- Unique surface engineering application centre
- Comprehensive range of measurement technology for injection moulding process optimisation
- More than 100 devices for material, finished parts and surface testing
- Annual sales: about 10 million EUR
- Distinctive features in Europe:
- largest supplier of ring trials in plastics technology
- application centre for surface engineering and decoration processes
- only plastics institute bearing the “Gold Label” from “Cluster Excellence”
…and what we can do for you
- The Kunststoff-Institut was established in 1988 as your “extended workbench” and is thus one of the most experienced suppliers in this sector.
- We will support you in the selection, development, optimisation and realisation of products, tooling and processes – across the entire range of plastics technology.
- In our business areas, we perform extensive service, research and development work in the fields of innovation listed below.
- We provide education and training and offer internship opportunities to students.