Testing & analysing
The department testing and analysis of the Kunststoff-Institut is focussed on the characterisation of plastics and surface finishing no matter if for the development, series approval or the determination of the root cause in case of a failure.
In our ISO 17025 accredited plastic laboratory, too, you can rely on our many years of experience. In our plastic laboratory, too, you can rely on our many years of experience. Just as much in demand is our intuition when it comes to providing effective support in solving less conventional problems, which go beyond standard tasks.
Our modern test lab equipped with more than 150 high-grade testing systems for materials and finished parts. Thanks to a large network of partners, even in rare cases you will receive all-round support – one enquiry, one report.
Our main areas of specialisation are:
- Automotive testing according to common standards of the OEM, for example artificial aging, media storage, emission analysis, burn tests and mechanical testing
- Materials testing e.g. for the determination of mechanical and thermal properties
- surface testing technology like scratching and abrasion tests, colour and gloss measurements, topography and layer thickness measurements
- Plastic analysis for material identification by spectroscopy (IR, EDX), thermal analysis (DSC, TGA, TMA, DMA, LFA) and chromatography (GC/MS, SEC)Optical analysis by reflected and transmitted light microscopy, SEM and CT
- Failure analysis of plastic parts and surface finishing
- Individual and interdisciplinary consulting for enquiries that are not covered by standards for plastic testing and analysis
Would you like more information? Then follow the hyperlinks, call us or come to visit us in Lüdenscheid for a personal presentation of the Institute.