In our network, companies and research institutions from various industries cooperate in joint research and development projects and organise education and training programmes for our members. The “Kunststoff-Institut Lüdenscheid” cluster is a well-functioning, steadily growing and sustainability-oriented network financed exclusively by funds from industry. The main themes of research are surface engineering and decoration processes for plastic parts, modifications of tooling and parts’ surfaces by way of surface engineering and lamination technology, as well as analysis and testing technologies for surfaces and plastic materials. In 2005, the network “Trägergesellschaft Kunststoff-Institut e.V.” (Association of Plastics Institute) with its partners became a member of “Kompetenznetze Deutschland” (German competence networks), today “gocluster”, for surface engineering and plastic materials. Since March 2013, the Institute has been bearing the Gold Label of Cluster Management Excellence. The association “Trägergesellschaft Kunststoff-Institut Lüdenscheid” is also an active member in kunststoffland NRW (umbrella organisation of the plastics industry in North Rhine-Westphalia) and a stakeholder in NRW.Europa (02/2013).
- Winner of the “Kompetenznetz 2009” contest as Germany’s best network; the award was presented by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology for “sustainable growth”
- Winner of the German Networks Benchmarking contest; the award was presented by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology.
- Gold Label of Cluster Organisation Management Excellence (quality label) awarded by ESCA, the European Secretariat for Cluster Analysis, on behalf of the European Cluster Excellence Initiative (ECEI) (03/2013)
- Re-certification with the Gold Label in 2015 and 2018
- Top 5 award of Germany’s innovative and efficient regions in honour of outstanding achievements for the use of networks in the areas of innovation and material efficiency 2013/2014
Would you like more information? Then follow the hyperlinks, call us or come to visit us in Lüdenscheid for a personal presentation of the Institute.